Thursday, July 5, 2007

Christmas knitting



Okay, I started. Finally. Enough talking about it, now I'm actually knitting it. Wasn't sure if I would knit Sharfik from Grumperina, or the reversible cable from Cables Untangled, or the Dulaan Scarf (all pictured above)for my Dad for Christmas. I know he doesn't read my blog, so I'm safe showing my Sharfik progress:


Decided yesterday that my Stash-along goals for July would be to knit Dad a Sharfik,
and finish a scarf I had started a long time ago, but never finished (for SIL I'm thinking....)


I spent the whole doggone day knitting and crocheting. Man was that nice, except for the fact that I didn't get anything else done! So the dishes got done late last night, after I chugged some Mountain Dew....Heh.

I worked on my ripple blanket in the morning of the 4th, but soon it became too warm to sit with that on my lap. I added about 3-4 more new stripes to it before I moved on to grafting the 4 corners washcloth:


I used my Principles of Knitting book to walk me through the garter Kitchener, and think I did fairly well, but could probably use some more practice with that technique. However, I'm kinda done with the washcloths for now, unless I make a couple of the flower washcloths, or another circular one. I'm just bored with it. I have some cotton chenille that I was going to use for flower washcloths, but got distracted with all the other great washcloth patterns I've seen lately. (Yes, knitting ADHD!)

No comments: