Monday, July 23, 2007

Sparkle Time


Every evening, between 5-8 pm, the sun comes into our house, in a nearly horizontal fashion. Long shafts of the late afternoon sun dazzle through the redbud leaves and shoot across our living space, to light up this wall. Look what happens:





We call this *Sparkle Time*. This implies that time of day when we wind down from work, settle into a relaxing book in our cozy home. It is the magical time of day just before light transitions to dark, when all the world feels as if it is right and perfect. I love Sparkle Time. I love to knit at Sparkle Time, to sit and meditate on my day, to formulate plans for the next day, or just to enjoy being present in the moment.

Every day ends with a Sparkle Time--if it doesn't, it feels incomplete. Must have my Sparkle Time :)

2 comments:

Acornbud said...

Sparkle time. I love the idea! Thanks for sharing:)

Susan (ZenKnit) said...

I spy partylite. Love it!