Friday, May 18, 2007

Okay, it's crochet


It's a granny crochet flag afghan I made from acrylic yarn 15 years ago.



It was in a Leisure Arts afghans book. I used to work in a book store when my oldest child was 2 years old, and during my lunch breaks I hand copied this pattern. It took me several days. I couldn't afford the book, and besides that, it was the only pattern I liked in the expensive hardcover book!




I kept the pattern for about 7 years before I made it, then found out I'd copied the starting chains wrong. I got all the parts crocheted, went to whip them together, and found out the lower stripes section was about 8 inches longer than the upper half of the afghan!!! So I put that part through my serger and cut it off to the right length, then had to go back and cover that with yarn edging!!! What a save! :D



No comments: