Wednesday, May 9, 2007

I love orange....

I just purchased this gorgeous handpainted yarn on-line from Crash Into Ewe on Etsy. I don't know why I have been purchasing such hot colors in yarn lately. My only guess is how much I long for warmth during our yucky long cold gray winter. (I need to get out of this climate!!) I have bought at least 3 different weights of hot colors variegated yarn from different sources in the past 3 months! Go figure. I never was a big fan of orange.....until now!

I am making convertible from Knitty. Seems like a great variety of ways to wear this, and I am enjoying the pattern and the yarn. Can't wait to wear the finished product next time it gets cold!



This great lace-weight yarn is from Maisy Day, at Hello Yarn. Look at that outstanding color! Will be something beautiful, in the future--not sure what yet, but I had to have it!



This variegated fingering weight yarn only cost me $22 for 10 balls!!!! There's enough here for a shawl of some size....heh, heh, heh. I bought it from here.

This is a bag I made with 2 colors of Cascade 220, a fuschia and a yellow, with the hope I'd get an overall peach color. It felted up so ugly I can hardly stand it. But I have a feeling that if I were to felt some purple flowers with some red ones to put on it, that it would finally look finished. Right now it looks like something nasty from the '70s. Eeeew.

But see what I mean about orange creeping into my stash?

No comments: