Monday, September 29, 2008

Cookin' & Knittin'

There is just no better way to spend your weekend than cooking and knitting. The only thing that could have made it better is if I didn't have to go out at all!

I am onto the edging of the Summer Sampler Lace. Holy Moly, it seems like it will take as long as the entire stole did...I guess I won't count on being done anytime soon! I would, however, like to be done with my Aran Wrap Cardi by November so I can wear it, and I have two blankies to knit/crochet for Christmas gifts, so I'd better either put away the lace, or quit my job and knit all day!!!

Here's the yummy soup and salad I had for lunch yesterday:



I made the soup flavorful with leftover bubbly from our anniversary (I always save what's left in the fridge for cooking with...)


and cumin, tomato paste, rosemary sprigs and oregano, minced gingerroot, gray salt and pepper.



The soup itself had cabbage, zucchini, summer squash, tomatoes, sweet potato, baby portobella mushrooms, corn cut from the cob, and protein-pasta rotelle! Yum.

Such a great cool Autumn day for this kind of lunch! I topped it off with sun tea made the day before, a chunk of Ciabatta bread, and a lemon cookie. Then a 2 hour nap :D

I was hoping to make some headway on the credit cards next month, but since DS needs glasses and an eye exam, and DH needs new brakes on his car, I guess that won't be happening. Sigh. Oh well, we'll just keep plugging along, doing what we're doing. Simple September is my jumping off point for getting out of debt. And it worked well this month, I was able to send an extra $350 to a credit card...I just have to do that every month!

I walked my pup last night. It was dusk, and about 60 degrees outside. Beautiful, and no wind. A quiet Sunday night, the air smelled so wonderfully of brown, fallen leaves, and I could pick out the different scents of juniper, pine, oak, and maple as we walked! Can't usually do that (only the juniper almost year round--such a stinky tree!)

I feel renewed, and ready to face the work week. My first item of business: getting my hair cut immediately after work today! I'm leaning toward short...we'll see. Happy Autumn, all :)


.

6 comments:

hakucho said...

Yum! Have a great week :)

NatRed2 said...

I could almost smell the soup!!! It looks so good.
That is great about the extra money... are you going to keep it simple for the rest of the year too? I'll just be you have more energy now from eating non processed foods.

Aim said...

You're right! I feel energized, and lighter (since I cut my hair!) and ready to keep saving $$$. It's a great feeling to "run a tight ship"

hakucho said...

Check out my blog...you just won an award :)

Anonymous said...

The edging of a shawl always takes forever it seems like. That soup looks yummy! We're supposed to have rain this weekend, cross your fingers for it, CA is in a big drought.

Rosemarie said...

I love making my own soup too - so easy - but I admit I never thought of putting in a little bubbly. Sounds fun!