Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Blog Sob Story

Maui Leaf: the spots are from a virus....but what a cute virus :)


I feel like whining. I spent so much cumulative time on setting up my blog the way I liked, then I really just wanted to change the "look" of it by adding some background pattern or color. Blogger told me to back-up my files and everything would be okay, only when I did that,I lost all my lists. I just spent much of my holiday weekend adding my fav blogs to lists again, and realized some of my favorite buttons and artwork are missing too! Dang Blogger.

But, since I have put this much effort into it, I hope it is worth it. I love the new blogroll lists that keep me updated on all my favs with so little effort!!! Now if I can just get the Mapstats visitors list to show up. What is up with that?! Grrrrr.

Oh well. I can play with it ad infinitum. But the good thing is I got a long stretch of unadulterated time to mess with it this weekend, and did. So, nyah! (BTW, I can't seem to find one of my fav blogs--I thought it was called sheep something, and she always posts great pics of sheep. The whole blog is about sheep. I think she's from the UK or Ireland. Anyone know the blog I'm talking about?!)

Regarding Simple September--Aaaaaaaaah! I just realized that my participation in this means that I won't be able to run out and get the new Mason-Dixon book as soon as it comes out in the next week(like I was planning to do!) The first of many limitations I'm sure I'll be feeling this month!!! Oh, well. Like I said, I can go shopping in my basement, and I'm GOING to!

I have a huge box of workbasket magazines I got on Ebay. I can't wait to go through them, slowly, savoring the finds! I had a previous giant stash of them that I demolished (tearing out pages I wanted to keep!) about 12 years ago. I've been rueing that...if for no other reason than tearing up vintage items makes me wince, now!

I am having fun re-experiencing the sewing blogs I loved a couple years ago, before knitting overtook my whole life :D I added some of them to my "Other Blogs" list--you should check them out. There are some of the cutest things there....


<
.

6 comments:

knittinglane said...

I'm with you, girl. I did the exact same thing with my blog and had to start completely over. Oh well...c'est la vie!!

picperfic said...

I'll not change the look of my blog then...! I envy you your basement and the pile of magazines to look through. I used to have some very old Women's Weekly magazines when I was younger, never knew where they went! The agony aunt pages were hilarious!

hakucho said...

Finally, I can comment. I've tried to leave comments on your other posts and blogger won't let me...oh, well...
My grandmother used to have lots of really old workbasket mags. (She was a pack rat, too)I've been looking for them, but so far no luck. I would love to go through them sometime and see what I could find. I'm hopeful...I did find her sock blockers...maybe someday...

Susan said...

I think you're very brave to do the 30 days, I could never. And you've totally scared me with your sob story, I don't think I'll ever change mine now!

Acornbud said...

No shopping! Does food count?

dottycookie said...

I'm fairly hrrified by the amount of craft stuff I have stashed away - probably enough to keep me going for the next six months, let alone one!

But no more for this month ... I'm using what I have - thank you for the reminder!