Saturday, June 2, 2007

If fishes were horses....

Here are some more patterns I'd love to try, (if only there were 10 million hours in a day):

Really want to make a fish blanket. I need more scraps, but may start mine anyway...I love all things fish! I have fish bowls, fish soap dishes, and fish wine bottles....



that I use for vases, etc. It all started with a fish shaped wooden tray I bought from a garage sale when I was about 12 years old: it's at my dad's house still, but that was the beginning of the end!

Here's one knitter's fish blanket--very pretty in a limited palette.

Here's a pattern for it, another pattern for it, another one, and someone else's adaptation on the pattern. Another version *scroll down*, how cute is that? And an old KAL from 2005 with links and pics.

And these are totally cute: fish mittens. Love the fishies.

As my Dad would say, "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride." Guess that means I better get knitting, or nothing will get made!

2 comments:

Opal said...

I adore the fish blankets! I remember seeing one before, but I forgot about it. Now I'm totally inspired all over again.

Pheelya said...

I have seen the fish pattern around. I think it's adorable, but if I put one more afghan on my list I'll be knitting it in my grave *laugh*