Monday, September 24, 2007

Spiderweb Cardigan--finished!

I finished the Spiderweb Cardigan yesterday! While watching the Bears get trounced by the Cowboys. Da Bears! I love to watch football, and knitting or crocheting while I watch is a major bonus. Two birds with one stone, as they say....

Anyway, here are unblocked pics:

Project specs:
Pattern: Spiderweb Cardigan

Source: Interweave Crochet Spring 2007 issue

Yarn: Worsted weight, Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece, 4 skeins

Needles: Crochet hook US "H"

Mods: I didn't change anything.

I love this pattern. It is my first crocheted garment, and I still need to block it. I am going to wash the swatch tonight in the hottest water possible, and then tumble dry on hot. I want to see if I can treat it like I do most of my clothing...if it shrinks a bit, that would be okay, but I want to know if I have to block it carefully or not. Can't wait to wear it to work!

3 comments:

Opal said...

The cardigan looks marvelous! You did a fantastic job. I just might have to make one for myself.

*cough* GO COWBOYS!

*runs away*

Vyvyan said...

I really like you cardi! I don't think it will convince me to start crocheting though! It looks like the perfect between-season sweater and it fits you well.

a friend to knit with said...

i have NO idea how to crochet....this is fabulous!