Saturday, September 8, 2007

Scarf-osity

Here's my finished Crazy Weave:
And now I'm knitting another garter-stitch, novelty yarn scarf:


I don't usually like yarns that have acrylic in them, or nylon, but there is something to be said for how quickly you can churn out a pretty end-result scarf with these novelty yarns. Some of them are so pretty, they take away my aversion to acrylic!

And a washcloth from 1870 Pearl, pattern here. Another short row washcloth that gives me big holes across the center. Grrr--anyone know a tip for me to NOT have big holes when I do short rows like this? Or is that the nature of the beast? I'm still knitting-naive....Maybe I need to turn to EZ for help. Seems like twisting the stitch at the beginning of each short row, or some little trick like that would be the answer? Hmmmm, puzzle, puzzle.

1 comment:

Opal said...

There is definitely something to be said for instant gratification projects like dishcloths and scarves! Yours are looking like a lot of fun compares to the monstrosities I've been knitting up.