Sunday, December 7, 2008

I can't help myself....

Really. When I see stuff like this, I have to laugh. Found on Etsy yesterday, here are some great vintage styles:

You've gotta love the 70's. Mm,hm. I just think granny shorts over-alls with tights is the best outfit EVAH!

Could I wear that to work?

And here's a "vintage" sewing pattern from the 70s:

Wait. This is an apron?! What is it really? Chaps. Ha ha haaaaaaaaa! Chaps with lace. AND, removable potholders. Hoo hoo hee hee heeeee!
I NEED this pattern!

Or how about this cool hippy cape? It could be yours for $30:


Someone put an awful lot of effort into looking like a psychedelic musketeer....I almost want one. (P.S. It has a zipper!)

Here's one, from inside a knitting magazine from the forties or fifties:

This one creeps me out. Sorry. I'm just a heterosexual.




.

3 comments:

Susan said...

The seventies were really bad, the hair, too.

Anonymous said...

They're gossiping not kissing. It's not all sex all the time y'know. :)

Granny square overalls! I'm having an overwhelming impulse to make them for me. It'll be totally repellant, but comfy in the heat.

NatRed2 said...

Hahaha... Carrie is right, back in the day...women used to hold hands when they were friends.

(I love old movies)

I seem to remember some of that fugly stuff from the 70's ...I made a granny square hat scarf and purse when I was in 7th grade...didn't care for it then and I don't care for it now.