Monday, December 8, 2008
Wow, look at this lace! It's a knitting daily video--have y'all seen this shawl pattern? It was recently published in Piecework magazine. I would love to knit a lily-of-the-valley shawl, either rectangular or triangular. I think it is the most lovely lace pattern I've ever seen! And, it reminds me of my Nana, who had a billion lilies of the valley growing in her side yard and let me transplant some to my new home. I miss you Nana....
I am going to try to wait until I finish summer sampler stole to knit this lovely piece of lacework. I also have my eye on the Forest Path stole, but I don't get Entrelac. Best do a scarf in plain stockinette entrelac before I attempt lace!
Other cool finds while surfing the last couple of days are:
1. Yarntini's Happy Hour Sock Club. I asked for this for Christmas, as I totally love her yarns. I can't think of a better surprise to await me this winter, than a package of yarntini yarn each month. So I quietly waited until signups began, and jumped in....because DH said he would buy me that for Christmas! =D Yay, something to look forward to for the next three dreary months!
2. Recycle your grocery bags into great gift wrap accessories!!! What a cool way to use up that annoying plastic from the grocery store. We usually end up putting it in the recycle bin, but I love the way this looks as a pom pom!
3. Cranberry body scrub...hummm, I have lots of little jars I could put to good use. Maybe I'll try this!
4. Hexagon crochet grannies tutorial here. What a beauty that blanket would be....
5. Have you ever heard of a tantrum-throwing shrimp?! This is very interesting, with cool pics!
6. For seamstresses, these free croquis from Threads magazine can help you sketch your designs over an actual body shape. I used some similar things in my fashion design classes.
7. These are cool for gifts(don't look family)
8. I love this: Crechemania, just joined so I can participate in this papercutting activity! I so love Nativity scenes...I think collecting paper ones is a lot more space-saving!!! What a cool site, make sure your volume is turned on too!