Thursday, December 25, 2008
Free at last, free at last....!
I am freeeeeeeee! Sooooo excited to be FINISHED with the 100 mile long blanket! The Moderne Log Cabin blankie is finished, it's on DS' bed, I don't have to work on it any more, and life is good =D
I finished it in a marathon knitting session at 2 AM Christmas morning!!! Boy, was I glad to be done! It is pictured on his double bed, somewhat stretched out after he was holding it up by one end. It is huge, woolly, and warm; I hope he likes it :)
Now my guilt is assuaged (I'm guilty for starting a quilt for him when he was 5 years old. He is now 20, and the quilt was never finished, while his sister has had a finished hand-made quilt for 14 years.) But the surprise blankie I started for her this year is unfinished--it's just about as far along as his quilt! Heh. Now I can blog about it, b/c it is no longer a surprise:
"Flowers in the Grass."
Maybe it'll be done in time for next Christmas. (I can't believe I just said something about knitting for next Christmas, have I gone mad?!)
Here's Aim's list of things she is free to do now:
1. find additional yarn to finish the Aran Wrap Cardi
2. finish ballerina wrap cardi
3. find additional yarn to finish Summer Sampler Lace (or find a narrower edging to make what I already have work....)
4. make some mittens and hats (fair isle +/- cables of course!)
5. make DD's flowers in the grass blankie!
6. finish my Maui socks (I have 1-1/2 socks done)
7. reap the benefits of my Yarntini Sock Yarn of the Month club which starts in January. Can't wait!!!
I think that's plenty. I'd love to get working on my Hanne Falkenberg kit, too; I must sit down and really chart out the instructions so I can follow them.
Here is one of my ornaments, crocheted by me about 25 years ago :)Pattern from a Leisure Arts publication in the early 80s. Here are the other ornaments I made back then (oh, and I added a pic to the last post like I promised):
Do NOT laugh at the twisty candle....
Nor this tiny, furry wreath!
Happy Christmas, all!