Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Color, color, color.....

Whoa, watchout bun-buns....

Photo taken at a bird sanctuary, this hawk was circling directly above us....(or maybe he was eye-ing us?!)

I love birdies :) Here are some more interesting shots from the bird sanctuary....

Ha haaaaa, look at that mug! :)



this is an Impeyan Pheasant, from Nepal. Love the colors in the plumage, would love to make a blanket or garment with all those wonderful colors! Man, those are really rich jewel-tones.

How about the Slivered Almonds Bird:

Just kidding--didn't get his name, but doesn't he look like he's covered in slivered almonds?! The beauty and diversity of nature continually astound me!
This guy looks like he is wearing a clapotis around his neck....

You must really click on the photos to get the full effect of these colorful pheasants from around the world...


This is a Golden Pheasant.

Speaking of color: have you seen this ? The author has a whole entire series of color study on her blog, and I love her step by step process and how she is inspired....I could sure learn a lot about that :)

Here is another blog about color: in the form of fair-isle knits. Love that blog, it's so inspiring. I would love to try my hand at a large fair-isle pattern, having successfully made We Call Them Pirates last winter--both hat and mittens!

On Knitty Gritty, one of the knitster girls was making a double-knit scarf in white and red, and that is really inspiring to me, too! Had tried my hand at double knit about 15 years ago--here's my learning swatch:

This is from 12 years ago, when I was brand new to knitting, and was planning a blanket! This is as far as I got, cough, cough! It was done in icky acrylic yarn, which is all I could find at the time. But I still think it rocks, and it is calling me to do something in that technique. Perhaps one of my scarf Xmas gifts?....

Another creative knitter in color of fair-isle and double knitting in multiple colors! This is one massively creative woman, inspiring me with each of her projects.

1 comment:

Opal said...

i love that impeyan pheasant! such gorgeous plumage.

i also love the blog 'knitting on impulse', she really has such gorgeous projects.