To celebrate, I thought I'd have a contest. (Yay, A CONTEST!) CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED.
First prize is 3 balls of Lang Sansibar yarn:
Second prize is this pattern:
(Yay, A HOLIDAY TOILET PAPER COVER PATTERN!) Heh. ;)
To enter, just leave a comment on this post by midnight of April 28, 2008 (CST). I will then put every contestant's name into a hat. On my blogiversary date (April 29, 2008) I will draw names for the winners. CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED.
And, to celebrate the Aim-ness of it all, here's a meme that Shell tagged me with (a while ago--sorry Shell!)
Here are the meme rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.
All About Aim :
1. I love to eat pickles with my peanut butter. The juxtaposition of tastes and textures is perfect :)
2. I love fossil-hunting and rock-collecting. Ever since I was a kid, wherever I am, I look at the rocks underfoot, and bring them home in my pockets.
3. I love jackets and coats. And I have a wierd compulsion to make them for myself. I have sewn at least 6, and just knit my first sweater-coat.
4. I love to garden, but I hate bugs. I loathe them. I have zero tolerance for bugs in my house. And sometimes if one lands on me while I'm gardening, or flies in my face, I'll let out a shriek and jump. Then I get embarrassed because the neighbors might have seen!
5. I am part tom-boy, and part princess. (see #4)
6. I am a closet dreamer, an aspiring writer and linguist (I have always loved the phylum and taxa of latin nomenclature of botany), a would-be pharmacognosist, horticulturist, world traveler, importer of third world goods or rare plant seeds (like Heronswood Nursery's previous owners), a wool farmer in the upcountry of Maui, owner of a coffee plantation, a greenhouse, and a pattern company! How many lifetimes will all that take?!
7. I trained in fashion design, wanted my own sewing pattern company, (prior to becoming a dedicated knitter.) I felt my scientific left-brain suffering when all I did was right-brained artistic creation, so I decided to leave the textile love to hobby-dom and earn my living in a science related field. It's the perfect balance for me!
8. I am long-winded. I went way over the requested 5 facts about me. Bet your eyes are glazed over now! Heh
Now to tag someone....hmmm. I will tag readers who I've not tagged previously:
5. kristina b
Okay, y'all. You're up!
- 4/29/08 eta: CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED :)