Monday, July 27, 2009

Mission Control, We Have FOs!


I spent Sunday finishing some WIPs, and that feels really good.

First of all, I made myself some sock-blockers and mitten-blockers for two dollars!

I bought laminated placemats at W*lm*rt for a buck each, then cut out a pattern shape from it, and added a punched hole at the top. Voila!

Now for the items I'm blocking on them. Here is a pic of my Bird in Hand mittens, blocking in the dish strainer:

I charted out a copy of the birdie that Natsuko (rav name) put into hers, and put it into my mitten palm also--very cute. I love these mittens, but to get gauge in my chosen worsted weight yarn, I had to use size 1 needles. That was a very tight knit, and hard on the hands. No wonder I put it down for 6 months!

The other project I finished was my Jaywalkers socks. My second pair of socks ever.

These have a wierd fit, that yarn is really stiff and has it's own mind. Not sure I'll make these again--I mean, I like the stitch pattern, but I prefer to work my socks toe-up. Plus, I need to tweak the stitch count because I have such a narrow foot. These look awful saggy on me. But glad to be done!

And, in other news, my March Lady Sweater is more than half done! This pattern rocks!! I finished the body of the sweater today, will be working sleeves next. So excited! And, even better: I might have enough yarn to finish it after all! AWESOME!

Here's a pic I took yesterday, with antler buttons I had on hand. I think they work well with this knit. Love that yarn....

I am gearing up to cast on for another new project, but I should really finish last years Summer Sampler Lace Shawl--I have 1/3 of the edging to do to complete it...

4 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Your mittens are incredibly beautiful! The Jaywalkers are lovely too. I am so impressed with your knitting skills (and your ability to make sock and mitten blockers so cheaply :)

Aim said...

Mary Anne, what a nice comment! I thank you for that, I'm feeling very productive this week =D

hetty said...

Those mittens are very cute! I love the little bird you put on the palm! The socks look great too. I have never done a pair of socks toe-up. Guess I should give that a try. As for the sweater... Gosh! It's going to be awesome! Love that stitch pattern you are using. Great buttons too!

Carrie K said...

Lots of FO's and MLS is practically flying off the needles! I love those bird in hand mittens.

I knit the Jaywalker socks awhile back, it was a fun pattern.

Those alpacas are so cute! Good thing you went to the fest. And deep fried twinkies! I am dying to try those. One of these days......