Monday, July 27, 2009
Mission Control, We Have FOs!
I spent Sunday finishing some WIPs, and that feels really good.
First of all, I made myself some sock-blockers and mitten-blockers for two dollars!
I bought laminated placemats at W*lm*rt for a buck each, then cut out a pattern shape from it, and added a punched hole at the top. Voila!
Now for the items I'm blocking on them. Here is a pic of my Bird in Hand mittens, blocking in the dish strainer:
I charted out a copy of the birdie that Natsuko (rav name) put into hers, and put it into my mitten palm also--very cute. I love these mittens, but to get gauge in my chosen worsted weight yarn, I had to use size 1 needles. That was a very tight knit, and hard on the hands. No wonder I put it down for 6 months!
The other project I finished was my Jaywalkers socks. My second pair of socks ever.
These have a wierd fit, that yarn is really stiff and has it's own mind. Not sure I'll make these again--I mean, I like the stitch pattern, but I prefer to work my socks toe-up. Plus, I need to tweak the stitch count because I have such a narrow foot. These look awful saggy on me. But glad to be done!
And, in other news, my March Lady Sweater is more than half done! This pattern rocks!! I finished the body of the sweater today, will be working sleeves next. So excited! And, even better: I might have enough yarn to finish it after all! AWESOME!
Here's a pic I took yesterday, with antler buttons I had on hand. I think they work well with this knit. Love that yarn....
I am gearing up to cast on for another new project, but I should really finish last years Summer Sampler Lace Shawl--I have 1/3 of the edging to do to complete it...