Monday, May 11, 2009

Book View Monday


Here's a peek at my newest get:

I just got this book free last night at knitting. (LYS has punch card for purchases, and you get a $25 gift certificate after X-amount of purchases.) Yay for gift certificates!

I am a big fan of Paula Levy designs. She makes the coolest counterpane patterns, and nature-inspired patterns (like the famous Fish Blanket!) There is one of her 1995 patterns reprinted in this book:

Tulips in the Sand counterpane pattern. Isn't that a cutie cabled tulip?! I could see this block knit up into blankies, jackets, scarves in a smaller gauge...Love it.

Then, there is this cool looking star blankie--I know, I know, there are a lot of free star blankie patterns available online, but I like the look of this....

The picture is knit up in Moda Dea Sassy Stripes...I think you can get that yarn at Hobby Lobby--it's probably acrylic. So pretty, though!

And this cute round pillow cover I'd like to make in white:

There are a lot of patterns for blankets and pillows in this book, and it is very inspiring to leaf through.

I also got some marked down yarn--2 balls of various things. It's a minimal acquisition, considering how much yarn I just cranked through with my two bigstitch rugs! So I'm feeling kinda happy right now. Fully sated on fiber, yep!

May you also have a great fiber week!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

How cool to get a free book....I love books so much! What great patterns too!