Saturday, May 9, 2009

Friday's Feat

Can you see the squirrel?

Dude, I made another rug. I started it in the morning before going to work, I worked on it for 10 minutes on my lunch hour, and then I took it to knitting Friday night and finished it in 2-1/2 hours.



We are going to be remodeling our bathroom, painting it a muted tan/taupe palette instead of the cottage blue it has been. And I had all these giant skeins of brown ombre dishcloth cottons I had purchased on sale at Hobby Lobby and JoAnn's. They were just sitting there on the shelf, begging to be used somehow. I love dishcloth cotton, but the prospect of knitting up ten million washcloths with all this yarn is somewhat daunting!

So I decided to put 8 skeins of them together with my new size U crochet hook, and voila! Instant cotton squishy thick bathroom rug! It only used up about 1/3 of each skein, so I have plenty left for matching washcloths! Wheeeeee.

Here's my "pattern":

AIM'S BATHMAT

with 8 strands worsted weight cotton, chain 25. Turn and sc into the second chain from hook, *sc across. Ch1, turn.*
Repeat the starred section for as many rows as you like. Mine was 24 rows long. Finished size is 22" x 25-1/2" pre-wash (it'll shrink when I wash and dry it in the hottest settings)

I got so many nice comments on it at knitting last night =) Makes me feel like I actually DID something. I feel so stuck-in-a-rut on all my other WIPs!!!

So if you're looking for a quick satisfying stashbusting kinda project, this one's good! Happy hooking ;D

Aim

3 comments:

hetty said...

Great rug! Thanks for the instructions! I am still wondering what size the hook is. We use the metric here. I can't figure out how to convert your hook to our system.

hetty said...

Oops! I almost forgot! Yes, I see the squirrel, but only when I click on the photo to enlarge it!

Aim said...

Hetty:
I believe it says "Size U 25mm" on the hook.