Saturday, February 21, 2009

The passing


Bittersweet sadness. With the end of one long fruitful life, the edges of my family pull inward, like gathering a scarf around a collection of precious seeds, to keep us together, to keep us from flying apart. Perhaps this is why God gives us families. To strengthen us when we are most weak.

I thank God for my family, for the cherished memories of my grandparents. If anyone ever doubted their own impact on the world around them, they should look at the influence of grandparents. They set the very foundation of generations to come.

Circumstances have forced me onward in the face of Goompa's death. I have been ill, I have had to go to work daily. I have wanted to just sit and cry, but have not until now had the leisure of such. And it is snowing outside, a gentle shower of pure white from the sky. The clouds cry.

Goodbye my beloved grandfather. I will see you again when Christ our Lord deems fit, and I look toward that joyful day.



A heartfelt thank you to my readers, especially those who have expressed their condolences. You have all been a blessing in my life! I look forward to many more interactions with you. --Aim

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry for your loss. It's hard to let beloved ones go. Hug.

Anonymous said...

Sending hugs and comfort your way.

knittinglane said...

I've been praying for you!

Susan said...

It always seems like not enough but I'm so sorry. And it does get, not easier, but more livable with as time goes on. Thinking of you.