Sunday, June 15, 2008

Humuhumunukunukuapua'a

That is our new favorite word! It is the name of hawaii's state fish, and we love it! We love Maui, the pacific ocean, the sea-life, the island pace, the flora and fauna, the people, the glimpse of brotherhood we got as mere tourists while there!!! We are totally in love with our 50th state! Upcountry rocks, we liked Kula....

Enough time later to reminisce about our trip. Suffice it to say, DH and I are intensifying our plan to move there. He is already applying on-line for jobs, heh! What was once my dream is now becoming a crystallized plan!!! I am so excited that he is as in love with Maui as I am....I feel great knowing there are not too many more snowy winters in our future!

While in Maui, I made a shawl. I started it the moment we boarded the plane for the 8-1/2 hour flight. And I worked on it for probably 7-1/2 to 8 of those hours! I finished it 2 days before our anniversary dinner cruise and wore it then. Yay! And I had time to block it too, in our condo's kitchen, LOL....

I tried to work on Jaywalker, but honestly, having to wear magnifying glasses while dealing with the fussiness of the heel, ripping back and starting again on the heel gusset, having needles re-named in the middle of the pattern, and that kind of crap took the fun out of it so I shoved it into the bottom of my new Hello Kitty knitting bag (from Long's Drugs on Maui) and started a Haekelbeutel. Which I just finished yesterday while lounging on our home patio which is overgrown with weeds after 1 week of neglect, and trying to pretend I was still on our amazingly private lanai 4 feet from the waves at high tide....I want to be in Maui. DH and I are going through major sunshine withdrawal, and man do we miss Maui. We are already saving up for next year's trip....

So you can see, I'm not quite myself yet :) Maybe that's for the best--I don't want to go back to that overworked, stressed out, depressing maniac I was before. Pics to come, my friends :)

2 comments:

hakucho said...

Wow, after your description I want to move there too :)

Carola said...

Me too! And I can't wait to see the pics!