Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A Pain to Remember

Wow. I dislocated my big toe tonight.

While lying in bed.

Was. That. EVER. PAINFUL! I have arthritis in my toe, it has been stiff for years, and it usually feels good to sort of "forcefully" flex it gently at the end of the day. I have been doing this maneuver for so long, I don't even think about it anymore, it's just a habit. I bend it forward slightly by pressing it against the mattress. And it stretches a little and feels good. Usually.

Tonight was a very rude awakening. I have never done that before. It was awful. Even mo' bad when I reached down with my hands and popped it back into position. Holy crud.

I haven't stopped panting yet. As Bullwinkle used to say, "Don't know my own strength!"

(He also used to say, "Nothin' up my sleeve......presto!" and do a magic trick. Wish I could magically undo that trauma, cuz it's throbbing now.)

Wondering about this post title? At the time this occurred, I was reading a Betty Neels romance novel, my favorite brain-dead escape just before falling asleep. Thought this title fitting :B

4 comments:

Rima said...

Ouch.
Hope you feel better soon...

Vyvyan said...

Thanks for making me squirm! I've never thought about something like that but a stupid ingrown toenail turns me into a whimp. Hope its feeling better by now.

Carola said...

Ick! Those "small" injuries can hurt like a son of a ...

Hope you feel better, girl. My sympathies.

hakucho said...

Not good! Hope that doesn't happen again. Not something you want to happen right before falling asleep. Hope by now your toe feels better. Hugs :)